Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Madame Fortuna Print Process


I have started a new print! My illustrator friend, Felicia and I have decided to start a project together. We have dedicated it to the CIRCUS! This first print is going to be reminiscent of a vintage circus poster for the fortune teller of the circus. I am only going to be using two colors on this one: red and black.

The top picture is a collage of the process of carving as well as the finished print hanging in my apartment. First, I have to draw on the board (upper left corner). Then I begin to carve part of the drawing away, leaving the lines I want to be filled by the color (red). These pictures are all on the right side. The bottom shows what my place looks like just after I finish pulling a color. I make a huge mess (which is probably part of the reason I love this process so much). These five prints are going to have to hang to dry for a few days before I can go over them with black. Stay tuned to see the finished piece!

No comments: